GUARD CARD PROCESS AND LICENSURE
Chief Protective Services, Inc. will assist individuals in the acquisition or process of receiving a guard card through the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS).
This includes the following:
Step 1: Online Training
Take the CA State required 8 hour Guard Card Course In-person at our office, or online through our website training portal. To start your training with Chief Protective Services complete the following steps:
- Complete our Guard Card Training Application
- Go to our website to the www.chiefprotectiveservices.com/ Pay for Guard Card Training page where you will pay $100 for the Powers to Arrest and Weapons of Mass Destruction training course.
- Once payment has been verified, you will be emailed a Training Welcome Letter with a username, password and instructions on how to access our online training portal.
- After you have completed the testing process, you can proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: State Application
- Go to the BSIS website and complete the online California State Security Guard Card Application. Submit the online CA State Security Guard Application for a $50 fee.
- After waiting at least 3 business days, you will be able to check the status of your Guard Card Application by going to State’s Breeze System Homepage. Click on “License Search” and enter your username and password to check the status of your application.
Step 3: Fingerprints
- Obtain the BCIA 8016 – Request for Live Scan Service Chief Form or from the BSIS. Complete the form. There are 3 copies of the exact same form. Make sure to fill out all 3 copies. Give one copy to the Live Scan location, one copy is to keep for your records, and forward another copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 951-738-0885.
- Get fingerprinted at an official Live Scan location (Cost of live scan up to $75). Find a Live Scan Location in your area.