The Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) passed a law that all Security Officers in the State of California that hold a guard card license issued after July of 2004 must complete 40 hours of classroom training the first year their guard card is issued and an 8 hour refresher course every year thereafter. Any security officers that received their guard card license prior to July of 2004 must complete and 8 hour refresher course each year and complete the Weapons of Mass Destruction and Anti Terrorism Course.
Chief Protective Services, Inc. provides all of the state required training to any employee of our company. If you were to go to an academy it could cost up to $500 for all the training. Here at Chief Protective Services it is provided at no cost to you for being employed with Chief Protective Services.
The Training Courses Provided Include:
- Powers To Arrest
- Public Relations
- Observation and Documentation
- Communication and Its Significance
- Liability and Legal Aspects
- Post Orders and Assignments
- Accident Investigation
- Officer Safety
- Violence In the Workplace
- Weapons of Mass Destruction and Anti Terrorism
- Company Policies/Orientation (every employee attends)
Additional Training Provided to Employees includes:
- Emergency Procedures
- Patrol Details and Security Observations
- Court Appearances
- Hazard Awareness
- Defensive Driving
- Loss Prevention
- CPR/First Aid
- Sexual Harassment (for all Supervisors and Managers)
Chief Protective Services maintains an extensive menu of additional training modules and electives which are added to the above training and determined upon each client’s needs.